Nwankwo Kanu gives Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal pass mark

first_img “It’s always difficult when a new manager comes in because you want them (the players) to follow you in whatever you want to do. “Sometimes some players might not understand what you are doing, and if you are lucky, everybody will be in the same direction. “If you look at the games they have played so far, there have been a lot of draws which I think is making the team steady and when he gets things rights, the results will come. “Whoever knows the Premier League knows that every team wants to win. “Knowing where Arsenal are now and where they are coming from, a draw is better than losing games; however, the team must do better.” Read Also:Man City register interest in Arsenal, Barcelona target Upamecano Arsenal take on Newcastle on Sunday, and victory over Steve Bruce’s men will see them overtake Burnley in 10th position. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… However, the two-time African Footballer of the Year has charged the former Man City assistant coach to find a way to get his men to convert draws to wins. Since Arteta took complete reins at the Emirates on Boxing Day last year, the Gunners have only won one Premier League match, a 2-0 defeat of Manchester United. Remarkably, though, Arteta’s men have lost just a single league game since as well, a 2-1 home loss to Frank Lampard’s Chelsea. Five other matches have ended in a draw, with the north Londoners sitting 11th on the log with 31 points from 25 games. While Kanu sees room for improvement, the former Super Eagles skipper is convinced that Arteta should be applauded for bringing stability back to the Arsenal results. “So far, so good, I don’t think he (Arteta) is doing badly. Everybody loves him, and he is trying to organise the team and also impose his own system,” Kanu told Goal.Advertisement Former Arsenal hero, Nwankwo Kanu, has given a pass mark to the club’s current manager Mikel Arteta. Promoted Content10 Of The Best Places Around The World To Go Stargazing7 Theories About The Death Of Our Universe90s Stunners Who Still Look GorgeousBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made8 Shows That Went From “Funny” To “Why Am I Watching This”8 Fascinating Facts About Coffee15 Celebs Whose Careers Were Thwarted After One Simple Mistake5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parkslast_img read more

Ronaldo, Messi tipped to retire at David Beckham’s Inter Miami

first_imgThe prospect of Cristiano Ronaldo playing alongside Lionel Messi might sound like a dream to many football fans, however it might be possible. That is according to MLS manager Adrian Heath, who believes that the pair could both end their careers at David Beckham’s new Inter Miami team. Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi have been tipped to finish their careers at Inter Miami The former Manchester United, Real Madrid and LA Galaxy midfielder has ambitious plans for his new franchise and Heath believes Beckham has the power to pair-up the long-term rivals. Minnesota United boss Heath told the Daily Mirror: ‘That would be incredible for football in the USA and if anyone has the global profile to make that dream a reality then it has to be David Beckham. “It may not happen just yet, but I can see Ronaldo following in the footsteps of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard playing in the MLS. “For Ronaldo and Messi, the two obvious destinations if they came to the MLS would be Los Angeles and Miami.’ Beckham has a strong relationship with Ronaldo, who at the age of 35 could potentially eye a new challenge outside of Europe before he retires. Promoted ContentBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?7 Facts About Black Holes That Will Blow Your Mind8 Things You Didn’t Know About Coffee5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do6 Extreme Facts About HurricanesThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love With5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks8 Surprising Ways Drones Could Be Used In The FutureLook At Something Beautiful That Wasn’t Made By A Human Being Loading… center_img Barcelona superstar Messi has more time on his side at 32, but Heath believes both could be tempted by Beckham’s new venture. The pair have dominated European football for more than a decade, breaking many records and winning many trophies along the way. David Beckham’s Inter Miami team are set to compete in their first MLS campaign this season Read Also: Defiant Messi gives troubled Barca hope of UCL glory They also fought for personal honours as well, with Luka Modric the only player to break the Messi and Ronaldo stranglehold on the Ballon d’OR since 2008. For many years they were rivals on opposing sides as Real Madrid and Barcelona competed for league and European success. Should Beckham’s pulling power be enough to tempt the pair to join forces in Miami, it would put MLS defences on alert and create a dream attacking duo. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 last_img read more

Coronavirus: Enter Twenty Two Days Sabbatical March 13-April4

first_imgFor sports lovers across the globe this certainly are not the best of times no thanks to a certain Virus that emanated from Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2019 and has chosen to hold the world hostage since then. Its ravaging effect is not only affecting the sports industry, but has also taken its toll on other areas from business to economy from education to tourism just to mention a few. Arsenal beat West Ham 1-0 Championships have been cancelled and some have been postponed hoping and praying that the virus will go away so that normal life can continue. Even one of the most celebrated sports fiesta on the planet, the Olympics is standing on a wall of uncertainty as organisers remain hopeful that the virus that came on the world like a thief in the night will have a change of heart and fade into oblivion. On Friday the EPL, one of the most watched Premier leagues in the world announced the postponement of all matches setting April 4th as return days with a caveat that a review might follow should the virus continue to hold the world at the jugular. “Following a meeting of shareholders today, it was unanimously decided to suspend the Premier League with the intention of returning on April 4,” the governing bodies for the leagues said in a statement. Some players have been tested and given a clean bill of health like France international Kylian Mbappe and Portugal international Cristiano Ronoldo. Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis Some others have been tested and quarantined.  Coaches and club owners have not been spared the scourge like Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis and only few days back Arsenal handler Mikel Arteta. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… As it stands only the Bundesliga matches slated for this weekend are of certainty to go on even though few days back Timo Hubrs who plays for Hanover96 became the first professional footballer in Germany to test positive to the virus. All steps taken so far are all subject to review as countries continue to monitor situations and adjust accordingly. That Italy is on lockdown is no longer news and authorities continue to battle the virus after  several deaths and hoping that it will be brought to its knees. The World Health Organisation has already declared it a pandemic. chelsea hammer Everton 4-0 So for the next 22 days sporting action will be on sabbatical in England and indeed most parts of the world. Sports lovers will either rewind and look at matches already played or join analysts who will equally be reviewing past matches and previewing forthcoming ones with tentative dates. Read AlsoCoronavirus: Ighalo arrives Man Utd training wearing mask, gloves The prayer point for sports lovers and none sports lovers alike now is “Go Coronavirus Go. You have done enough damage deaths have been recorded and there have been lockdowns you have over stayed your ‘welcome ‘it is time to leave. Go Covid-19 just Go! Promoted ContentWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?This Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalMost Famous Female Race Car Drivers Of All TimeFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread Art11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopThis Is Why Plus-Size Models Should Always Be An Inspiration6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True8 Addictive And Fun Coffee Facts2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldWhat Is The Fastest Way To Get 1 Million Followers On Instagram?7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The Worldlast_img read more

Barcelona agree to offload Firpo in the summer

first_imgRead Also: Barcelona facing €100M loss amid Covid 19 outbreakIt is said that the Blaugrana lead the way in the race for the 22-year-old, whom they had identified as the long-term successor to the ageing Luis Suarez.Roma, Napoli and Torino are also said to be interested in a potential move for Firpo.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Promoted ContentThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market ValueYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime8 Most Expensive (And Surprising Things) Keanu Reeves Ever Bought5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This Day9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table Top Firpo has appeared in 16 matches for the Catalan giants this campaign but remains very much the understudy to long-term left back Jordi Alba at the club.The Dominican-born player failed to convince Ernesto Valverde nor his successor Quique Setien – who managed him at Betis – that he was worthy of a regular first-team slot.It is now suggested that he could be offered to Inter as part of an offer to lure striker Martinez to the Camp Nou.Earlier on Monday, El Mundo Deportivo cited a report in Gazzetta dello Sport that the Argentine international would have no issue in having his long-term future at the Milanese giants but could be tempted by a move to Catalonia.center_img Barcelona have made wing-back Junior Firpo available for a transfer and he could be offered to Inter as part of a move for Lautaro Martinez, say Diario Sport.Advertisement The left-sided defender only joined the Blaugrana from Real Betis last summer but the latest report suggests he could be allowed to leave this summer, with the club valuing him at €20m.last_img read more

Drug surrenderer busted in Aklan

first_imgFour sachets of suspected shabu wereseized from 23-year-old resident Kim Cahilo, a police report showed.    KALIBO, Aklan – A former drugsurrenderer was arrested in a buy-bust operation in Barangay Manoc-Manoc,Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan. Cahilo was nabbed after he sold two sachets of suspected illegal drugs to an undercover officer for P1,200 around 3 a.m. on Oct. 21, the report added. Former drug surrenderer Kim Cahilo (left) was arrested in an entrapment operation in Barangay Manoc-Manoc, Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan on Oct. 21. PDEA 6 PHOTO The suspect was detained in the lockup cell of the Malay municipal police station, facing charges for violation of Republic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.(With Akean Forum/PN)last_img

‘Green guards’ secure plazas, Iloilo Esplanade

first_imgThe mayor recently announced a P50,000reward to whoever could give information leading to the arrest of vandals whosavaged palm trees at the Iloilo Esplanade.“I am willing to spend money para madakpan ang naga-vandalizekag nagapatay sa mga tanum,” he said.The reward will be from his personal funds, he stressed. “Their primary duty is to protect mostespecially ornamental plants. They patrol their areas,” said Mayor JerryTreñas. The mayor expressed alarm over thedeliberate destruction of plants at public plazas and the esplanade. ILOILO City – The city governmenthired 30 “green guards” to secure public plazas and the Iloilo Esplanade fromvandals. “They bring with them citationtickets,” said Treñas. These “green guards” recentlyunderwent a five-day “paralegal seminar workshop on anti-littering” conductedby City Environment and Natural Resources Office. They were authorized toapprehend vandals and litterbugs. The vandalizing of the esplanade haslong been a problem. During the administration of then mayor Jose Espinosa III,plants were uprooted but the culprits had not been identified and arrested./PNlast_img read more

Dogs get free services in Aklan

first_imgKALIBO, Aklan – The ProvincialVeterinary Office (PVO) here and a private dog owner conducted free services toaround 60 dogs from various municipalities of the province.  “This is also part of our anti-rabiesprogram in the province. Last year, we monitored at least four rabies cases forhumans and six on dogs,” said Dr. Ronald Lorenzo, rabies control coordinator ofthe PVO.     The free services given on Tuesdayinclude: free consultations, anti-rabies vaccinations, deworming, free dogfood, and tablet medications./PN This activity was held in remembranceof Nikki, said Manalo. Dr. Ronald Lorenzo, rabies control coordinator of the Provincial Veterinary Office, injects a vaccine to a dog in Kalibo, Aklan on Tuesday. JUN AGUIRRE/PN Manalo grabbed the limelight forgiving a dog, Nikki, a decent burial. Nikki was a Japanese Spitz breed. Shedied of a heart attack. Lorenzo and private dog owner AlbertManalo also organized a gift-giving activity for the dogs.last_img read more

Trillanes, 10 others face sedition raps

first_img Advincula claimed that the opposition Liberal Party and Trillanes were behind the videos and also in separate ouster plot against President Duterte. Trillanes, in defense, had said Advincula “embellished” real events to “concoct his version of the story.”/PN Peter Advincula, the man who introduced himself as hooded figure “Bikoy” in “Ang Totoong Narcolist” videos that linked the first family to narcotics trade, was also included in the case. Advincula earlier tagged Duterte’s son Paolo, son-in-law Manases Carpio and long-time aide Christopher Go, in drug involvement but took back all his claims, saying the opposition had put him up to it. MANILA – The Department of Justice (DOJ) has slapped former Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV and 10 others with conspiracy to commit sedition for allegations linking President Rodrigo Duterte and his family to the illegal drug trade.center_img Vice President Maria Leonor “Leni” Robredo and some members of the opposition were cleared of sedition and other charges, according to DOJ secretary Menardo Guevarra. Former senator Antonio Trillanes IV. ABS-CBN NEWS The complaint, which was filed at the Quezon City Metropolitan Trial Court, alleged that Trillanes and others are involved in “circulating malicious and scurrilous libels,” “to inflict an act of hate” against President Duterte.last_img read more

2 undocumented LSIs nabbed in Pontevedra

first_imgBY DOMINIQUE GABRIEL BAÑAGABACOLOD City – Authorities caught two locally stranded individuals (LSI) who allegedly entered the town of Pontevedra in Negros Occidental illegally using their boat. The Pontevedra police requested not to identify the two LSIs, although they confirmed that they were residents of the town’s Barangay Antipolo. Lacson refused to identify which department was involved, although he affirmed to receiving the results of the tests yesterday afternoon. According to police investigators, they received a call from concerned residents in the town’s Barangay Miranda, reporting that they saw two unidentified men arriving by boat in a beach resort in the area on July 28. The two LSIs were later brought to the town’s rural health unit while their boat was seized. They had their specimens collected for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) swab test. In a related development, Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson confirmed that an employee of the provincial capitol tested positive for COVID-19. The COVID-positive employee, according to the governor, was exposed to his mother who was later found infected with the viral illness.center_img They are supposed to secure a medical certificate from a government physician and travel authority from the Philippine National Police before boarding a plane or vessel which will take them to the island. The provincial government repeatedly announced that LSIs need to contact the focal person of their respective local government units to facilitate their travel into the province. They traveled onboard a small boat from the town of Concepcion in Iloilo. When cops questioned the two LSIs, they presented an expired travel authority, police said. Lacson said the employee had not reported to work since Thursday last week. Cleaning and disinfection procedures have been ramped-up, he added./PNlast_img read more

Batesville Authorities On Scene Of I-74 Crash Thursday Afternoon

first_imgBATESVILLE – Emergency responders are on the scene of a single-vehicle accident in the westbound lane of I-74 Thursday afternoon, police said.The crash occurred approximately one mile west of the Batesville exit around 2:30 p.m.No word on any injuries or if any other vehicles are involved.The Batesville Police Department, Batesville Fire and EMS are on the scene.last_img