Telly soap shooting resumes after 5day deadlock

first_imgKolkata: A day after the intervention of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, the Bengali tele-industry has once again plunged into action after an impasse for the past few days.Banerjee held a meeting with the artistes, producers, technicians and script-writers at Nabanna on Thursday to bring an end to the deadlock. After the meeting, the Chief Minister announced that the work of the tele-industry will resume from Friday morning and a 13-member committee with state Youth Services and Sports minister Aroop Biswas as its Chairman and Soumitra Chatterjee as its Chief Advisor was formed to ensure that immediate steps are taken to solve any problem that might come up in the near future. Also Read – Rain batters Kolkata, cripples normal lifeThe scenario at the studios at Tollygunge was completely different on Friday morning compared to that of the past five days when work remained suspended.Everyone, starting from artistes to technicians, turned up quite early on Friday to ensure that work can start at the earliest.The Chief Minister had said during the Press conference after the meeting on Thursday that the Bengali tele-industry has huge prospects for job opportunities. Hence it is all the more important that it functions smoothly. Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Mercedes car in Kolkata, 2 pedestrians killedPeople involved in the industry welcomed the move of the Chief Minister saying that they are thankful to her as the work in the industry has resumed without any further issues.”We were waiting anxiously for the day when work will resume after the deadlock. Thanks to our Chief Minister that her intervention brought an end to the problems and we have got the opportunity to come to work from Friday morning,” said Mrityunjoy Bhowmick, who works in a studio at Tollygunge. Everyone was quite enthusiastic to join work after a gap of five days and were even mentally prepared to work for long hours to gift new episodes to the viewers of the Bengali TV serials who are spread far and wide.It may be mentioned that old episodes of the Bengali TV serials were telecast in different channels as the work in the tele-industry remained suspended.This happened when people from almost every household are ardent viewers of the tele soaps.last_img read more

Alaska air carrier suspends operations after 2nd crash

first_img Share Alaska air carrier suspends operations after 2nd crash By: The Associated Press ANCHORAGE — An Alaska air carrier involved in two deadly floatplane crashes in a week has voluntarily suspended operations, federal officials said Tuesday.The halt of flightseeing and commuter flights is in place indefinitely, according to the Federal Aviation Administration.The action comes after the passenger and the pilot of a Beaver floatplane operated by Taquan Air were killed when the single-engine aircraft crashed in Metlakatla Harbor on Monday afternoon during a 35-kilometre commuter flight from Ketchikan.Witnesses reported to federal investigators that one of the two floats on the plane dug into the water during landing, causing the right wing to hit the water and then the aircraft to cartwheel several times, according to Clint Johnson, chief of the National Transportation Safety Board in Alaska. The wing broke off and is missing.Johnson said witnesses also reported the Beaver floatplane landed upside down and became submerged in water. An NTSB investigator arrived at Metlakatla late Tuesday morning, he said.In a statement, Taquan Air confirmed it suspended all operations. The company said it “was reeling” from not only Monday’s crash, but a midair collision last week involving another Taquan plane that killed six.More news:  Save the dates! Goway’s Africa Roadshow is back“It’s been a really heavy and heartbreaking time for us,” the company wrote. “Our priority has been our passengers and their families and our internal staff, and pilots.”The passenger was identified by her employer and relatives in California as Sarah Luna. The Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium said in a statement that Luna joined the group nearly a year ago as a senior epidemiologist in the liver disease and hepatitis program. Luna, 32, had flown to Metlakatla to provide health services to the community.Metlakatla Police Chief Bruce Janes identified the pilot as 51-year-old Ron Rash of Harrisburg, PA.The crash occurred in light winds and 16-kilometre visibility, Johnson said. The plane also was carrying a load of cargo and was supposed to also pick up other passengers after landing.Johnson said it was “way too early” to determine a cause. He anticipates the preliminary report into the crash to be released by the end of the week.Monday’s crash followed the May 13 midair collision of a Taquan Air Otter floatplane with another floatplane. Six people died in that crash and another 10 people were injured. Both planes were carrying sightseeing cruise ship passengers.More news:  Rome enforces ban on sitting on Spanish StepsJohnson said the NTSB is investigating both crashes as separate cases.Last summer, all 11 on board another Taquan Air flight survived when the 72-year-old pilot confused snow on a mountain with a body of water and crashed on a rocky mountainside on Prince of Wales Island near the southern tip of the Alaska Peninsula.A pilot and eight cruise ship passengers died June 25, 2015, when a de Havilland DHC-3 Otter operated by Promech Air Inc. crashed into mountainous terrain about 38 kilometres from Ketchikan, also as it was returning from Misty Fjords.The NTSB later determined that pilot error, the company’s culture and lack of a formal safety program were among the causes of that crash. Taquan Air purchased the assets of Promech in 2016, and currently employs three pilots who worked for Promech, a company spokeswoman said last week. Tags: Alaska, Floatplane Wednesday, May 22, 2019 << Previous PostNext Post >>last_img read more